Occasionally it may be necessary to sign your child out of class for an early appointment.
Please keep all appointments within school hours to an extreme minimum. When this is unavoidable, please follow this procedure:
- Notify the teacher in writing, in the morning, of the time you will be signing your child out. By notifying the teacher, your child could be ready to leave with their homework copied, when you arrive.
- Enter PS 165Q through the Main Entrance and with a photo identification, identify yourself to the School Safety Agent.
- Report to the Main Office at the specified time and the office will send for your child.
- Sign your child out in the “Sign-Out Book” for students.
- Under no circumstances will a child be released to any individual whose name does not appear on the Blue Home Emergency Card or without written consent from you.
- It is imperative that you list all emergency telephone/cell phone numbers where you can be reached, or telephone numbers of those individuals that you have indicated on the Blue Emergency Card.
- Please provide as many alternate names as is realistically possible and update this Emergency Card throughout the school year when any phone numbers change.
- Anyone picking up a child during the school day must be 18 years of age or older, listed on the Blue Card and present a valid photo Identification.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here